Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Find the Sexiest Swimsuit for Your Body

I'm BA-ACK!  Sorry for the two week hiatus, friends, but I was on vacation!  I swear that I wanted to tell you ahead of time, but isn't the number one rule of internet usage (or at the very least, it's number three) not to announce when you'll be on vacay?  I'm sure there is some crazy criminal who is conveniently obsessed with fashion and celebrity gossip that is stalking me to find out when I'll be away.

After spending the past seven days basking in the glory of the sun (PS - I'm really tan, like the permanent bikini-while-naked tan), I've learned why every magazine has a "swimsuit for your shape" section.  Based on my calculated formula, only 32.7% of beach goers actually read those little tidbits of advice.  The other 67.3% - well, let's just say this is for you.  Please help yourself out, and wear something that's flattering.

Let me preface this by saying that I realize that there is only so much a swimsuit can do.  There are certain things that you just can't hide and be in a swimsuit at the same time.  For example, I can't pretend that I'm a 5'7", size 6 woman with a C-cup chest in a swimsuit like I can when I'm wearing clothing.  It just doesn't work out that way.  But even though you might have some insecurities or trouble spots, there is still a swimsuit that will make you look and feel your best!

(Confession - this post is also in part due to my swimsuit addiction.  I have at least 15 bikinis - and no, I'm not exaggerating.)

If you're pear-shaped...
Highlight your upperbody with V-necks, and lengthen your legs with asymetrical bottoms for a leaner look.  Try slimming stripes, cute polka dots, or a one-shoulder one-piece.  Solid bikini bottoms slim your lower half, and a retro top adds some oomph to your chest.

Trina Turk Tri, top, $87 and bottoms, $79

BodenUSA.com, $68

Karla Coletto, $281

ShopBKB.com, Sunset Brush Strokes banded halter top and twist-front bottoms, $114

If you're boy-shaped...
Add volume with ruffles or bold stripes to create a curvier figure.  Flirty florals, bold colors, or a bandeau top can help make you feel sexy and self-confident!

SwimwearBoutique.com, L-Space Dolly top, $69, and Estella bottoms, $63

Shop.Guess.com, Avant Garden top, $47, and bottoms, $39

Gap.com, pleated bandeau top, $37, and bottoms, $34

If you're petite...
A string bikini usually works best because you can tie the sides of the bottom and the top for that perfect fit.  Try bold and modern prints or something fun and flirty. 

ShopONeillUSA.com, Dreams top, $34, and bottoms, $36

Victoria's Secret, top, $25, and bottoms, $24

Roxy.com, Stop and Glow top and bottoms, $34 each

If you're small-chested...
Get something with an extra lift up top to boost your bust and flatter your upper body.  A bikini top with full coverage, a band below the bust, and halter straps will be exactly what you need. 

Anne Cole Essentials Marilyn top, $42, and Alex bottoms, $42
JetsSwimwear.com, fixed halter top, $101, and hipster bottoms, $77

Macy's, Guess cut-out one-piece, $94

If you have an hourglass shape...
Play up your shape with something sweet and fun, like polka dots and ruffles.

Roxy.com, 70's halter reversible top, $48, and low-rider tie-side reversible bottoms, $44

Dillard's, Jantzen Signature ombre maillot, $168

CanyonBeachwear.com, Kenneth Cole New York In the Spotlight Ruched V-neck Mio, $100

Noelle Sanddollar bikini, $164

No comments:

Post a Comment