Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Boy Is Mine

I wasn't really interested in Monica's wedding to former L.A. Lakers Shannon Brown earlier this month UNTIL I saw her wedding gown!  So of course, I researched all of the details, and here they are: 

Apparently Monica and Shannon had a secret wedding in November at Monica's home in L.A., and they decided to have a second, more extravagant wedding on July 9.  There were 340 guests, a 40-piece gospel choir, and a few celebrity bridal party members - Kobe Bryant and Ciara. 

And the gown?  Feast your eyes on this custom, haute couture gown by Stephane Rolland:


This fitted and corseted Ivory mermaid gazar dress is draped with twisting satin organza.  The best part?  A 12-foot long graphic waves train embroidered with crystal falls!


I'm not sure how she did it, but she managed to change into another dress for the reception - also by Stephane Rolland, but this one was blue to match her color scheme.  I would never want to take this gown off!  Then again, when you have this enormous engagement ring on your left hand, I guess you don't really need to be wearing anything to feel amazing and fabulous...


 


No comments:

Post a Comment