Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Spinach, Tomato & Ricotta Pizza


Have I ever told you how much I love pizza?  I could honestly have pizza every night for the rest of my life.  And I wouldn't eat just one slice, either.  I'd take at least two to start, and probably continue to finish the whole pie unless someone else was there to eat it before I got to it.

Now that I've been eating better, I've been buying pizza dough at the grocery store and making my own (more healthy) versions of my favorite feast.  Of course, it's not as deliciously greasy as the local pizza joint, but it still tastes pretty amazing.  Here is a version of white pizza that I tried over the weekend:

INGREDIENTS
1 Boboli whole wheat pizza crust, or similar
1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp oregano
1 cup chopped frozen spinach, thawed
1 large tomato, thinly sliced
1/2 cup reduced fat shredded mozzarella cheese

DIRECTIONS
1.  Preheat oven according to pizza crust packaging directions.
2.  Combine ricotta, garlic powder, and oregano.
3.  Spoon ricotta mixture over pizza crust.
4.  Top with spinach, sliced tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. 
5.  Bake for about 12 minutes, or until edges are golden and cheese is melted.

If this pizza is too bland for your taste, try sprinkling on some red pepper flakes for a little kick, or Mrs. Dash's Tomato Basil Garlic seasoning for some extra flavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment