Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Wish Granted... Almost


Well, it looks like Reese read my blog and decided to sell her wedding pictures to People Magazine!  Originally, I was overjoyed at the prospect of seeing glossy pictures of Reese's wedding day.  Of course, People.com doesn't have any other pictures online because they want you to purchase the magazine.  Well, I went to the store yesterday after work - People told me that this issue would be on news stands on Monday - FALSE.  So I guess that means I have to pass judgment based on what I can see on the cover. 

To be totally honest, I'm not impressed.  I do like the color of her pale blush gown, but it doesn't really match those ivory roses.  And no fancy hair?!  I'm a little disappointed that she went for the plain, straight look.  People.com describes the gown as having a Chantilly lace corset bodice, a full tulle A-line skirt, and a double-face silk satin ribbon with cascading silk flowers.  I have to admit, it sounds pretty wonderful.

And to keep me desiring my own hard copy of this issue?  People reveals that Reese wore a second dress for the reception - a white silk minidress with a festive party skirt, also designed by Monique Lhuillier.  Based on this information, I suppose that I have to make another stop at the store so I can at least page through the pictures. 


I can tell you, on the other hand, that Reese looked ah-mazing at the Country Music Awards in a sleek, lacy Marchesa strapless dress with sheer black overlay and peep toes.  And speaking of the Country Music Awards, a few other stars looked pretty hot as well:

Carrie Underwood wore a royal purple Jean Fares Couture gown with sparkling straps and a body-skimming fit.
Julianne Hough in a daring backless, tangerine-hued Randi Rahm number with sheer floral detailing.  Julianne, a few requests:  first, please come back to DWTS; second, please stop dating Ryan Seacrest; and third, please have sex with me.
Not sure how I feel about the high slit, but Nicole Kidman's snakeskin minidress by L'Wren Scott with fuzzy shoulders is a home run compared to her hideous Oscars gown.
I'm not usually a Taylor Swift fan, but when she wears a ruffled, embroidered pale yellow Elie Saab haute couture gown, I have no other choice.
 


1 comment:

  1. Isn't her pink wedding dress TDF?! I LOVE it. Love love love.

    ReplyDelete