Monday, March 21, 2011

Hello, Spring


Let me just start out by saying that I had such a fun weekend!  The weather really made this weekend fantastic, regardless of my activities.  Even though Saturday and Sunday were a little cooler than Friday (when I had to be stuck in my office, of course), it was still warm enough to wear a new spring coat and cute flats, and it was comfortable to walk around outside. 

Kris was away this weekend, so I spent the weekend doing fun girly things!  On Saturday, I met up with my old roommate from law school at Arundel Mills Mall by BWI Airport.  I love this mall because it's a huge outlet mall with a lot of great stores.  We had a yummy lunch at a brewing company (I got the Ultimate Grilled Cheese - delish), and then we spent the day shopping 'til we dropped!  And when I say dropped, I mean that I had to limp to Old Navy to get a pair of flip-flops because I had a terrible blister on my heel.  I was a little upset that we never made it to Off Broadway Shoes, but my blister was killing me, and our hands were full of bags!  Here are some of the awesome things that I picked up.


Coral linen blazer for $36.50 at Charlotte Russe



Floral summer dress for $7 at Old Navy

Bright floral print cardigan for $14.98 at Ann Taylor Factory Store

Amazing taupe leather jacket with ruffle trim (it goes all the way around the back!) for $41.99 at Wilson's Leather Outlet
Super cute heather gray dress with ruffled neckline for $44.99 at (get ready for this) DressBarn

Another super cute work dress from DressBarn - $44.99


Black faux leather clutch with rosettes for $19.99 at DressBarn


 As you can tell, I am overly excited about my new purchases.  I was extremely shocked to walk by DressBarn and see all of the cute dresses that they have!  As expected, they have a wide variety of motherly looks, but it's not everything!  It was definitely worth the trip inside.



On Sunday, I spent a fun day in DC with two of my best friends from college.  One of them is getting married in November (Weeeee!!), so we took a trip to Dupont Circle and tried on some bridesmaid dresses.  The bride selected the designer (http://www.ariadress.com/), the color (navy), and the silhouette (knee-length A-line), and each bridesmaid gets to choose the top's style.  If you go to the website, you will see that there are so many options to choose from!  We had a fun time trying on all of the different styles.  My favorite was this vintage-inspired halter dress that ties around the neck. 



Afterwards, we stopped for a treat - froyo!  It's days like yesterday when I miss living in DC the most.  On the way to and from the dress shop, we passed the National Mall, the Capitol Building, and the museums.  There were so many people out and about, sight-seeing and enjoying the beautiful day.  So to end a perfect day in the city, we stopped for a grilled Nathan's hot dog  :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment