Tuesday, March 15, 2011

This Little Monkey Is One


This weekend was jam-packed with more fun birthday celebrations!  On Saturday, we celebrated Nathaniel's first birthday.  Nathaniel is the son of one of my good friends.  We shared backyards growing up, so we are basically family!  Unfortunately, his mommy was sick, so she didn't have too much fun at the party.  But that didn't stop Nathaniel from having a blast being one!



After Nathaniel's party, we met my parents to celebrate my birthday.  Usually when I go home to visit my parents, we go to Red Robin for a burger - and my birthday is no exception!  This time, though, my burger was free because Red Robin emails you a Birthday Burger during the week of your birthday!  And don't worry, I had my Birthday Sundae, too!

When we arrived home on Saturday, I had the perfect treat waiting for me in my mailbox - my new Us Weekly!  I had been a loyal Us Weekly reader throughout law school, but after graduation, I never renewed my subscription because I was so busy studying for two bar exams (yes, I said two) and planning my wedding.  So for my birthday this year, I decided it was time to start up my subscription again.  When I opened to the first page, I saw Halle Berry in an Elie Saab Haute Couture gown, which is the same designer as Mila Kunis' Oscars gown.  At first glance, I thought it was the same gown in a different color, but it's not.  Halle is smokin' hot and looks gorgeous - I can't decide which I like best!  Both gowns have the sexy lace peekaboos and the cute ribbon waistline - I think it's a tie!

Halle at an event in Beverly Hills February 22nd

Mila at the Oscars
On Sunday, we lounged around the house and decided to make ourselves a nice, big meal.  That's the one thing about Sundays that I enjoy - you have all day to make something really tasty that you can't cook during the week.  We are in love with making rack of lamb, but the grocery store doesn't always have it in stock.  When they do, we buy them all up and store them in our freezer until we can make them.  Lucky for us, the butcher at the grocery store wanted to have sex with me, so we got $3 off each rack!   
   
Here is a modified recipe:
After you trim the fat off of each rack, cover the lamb with dijon mustard, minced garlic, breadcrumbs, and parmesan cheese.  Bake in the oven for about 45 minutes for medium, a little longer if you like it more well done.  If the outside isn't crispy enough for you, turn the broiler on for the last 5-10 minutes.  To serve, cut the rack into pieces so it's easier to eat.  We make two racks because one isn't big enough to share.  We paired it with some long grain and wild rice and brussel sprouts (I didn't eat those).  YUM!  Honestly, this lamb is better than any steak I have ever prepared at home - and I'm a steak girl! 

No comments:

Post a Comment